The New LoFi monthly mixtape is an hour-long mix covering all of the music posted to the blog last month. The idea is based on old-school analogue cassette tapes. Back then it was all about sharing the latest track you heard or creating a mix of songs to tell someone how you feel about them through music. It was before the age of instantly gratified music recall and music libraries that gave you millions of songs at the press of a button. It was more personal. It was a time when people really appreciated music. These mixes aim to introduce you to new music and support the artists behind the work. The Monthly Mixtape is also available on iTunes, Acast, Stitcher and Google Podcasts.
- New 7″ vinyl mixes Dave Brubeck into The Stranglers — The Take Vibe
- January 2021 Mixtape
- “The Message of Xmas” — festive new album by French composer, Christophe Chassol and l’orchestre de Paris choir
- Christmas Mixtape 2000
- A lo-fi Christmas mix inspired by hip hop and Charlie Brown
- Streams of Thought: In practice, and in music
- Tour Maubourg’s new full-length vinyl combines the best parts of Jazz and House
- The bearded-wonder from Bristol pays homage to Detroit Techno with his new single “My Church”
- Ten Year Anniversary Mixtape
- Carly Paradis teams up with Director Shelley Hopkins to create the video for her third single: Binaural Glass
The New LoFi's main focus is finding unsigned bands, djs and producers. We aim to promote musicians who want to be promoted. With that said, some of the content on the site also comes from copywritten and protected sources. We exist to promote the artists not steal from them. If for any reason there is an issue with any copy written content, please contact us immediately and the content will be removed from the site.