Join our team
We’re looking for aspiring writers to join our global team of music nerds.
Our team is made up of 4 staff writers and 11 contributors from 6 different countries around the world. We are looking for someone to join our international team who is looking to start a career in music journalism.
This is a 6 month unpaid apprenticeship that aims to give you the experience you need to become a journalist for a music related publication.
What you’ll get from us
- Guidance on shaping your own column
- Our tips on how to navigate an online CMS
- Advice on how to get your work seen on social
- Opportunities to talk to and listen to up-and-coming artists
- A chance to publish your work
What we are looking for
- Someone who is passionate about music (no matter the genre). You will be consuming a lot of music you’ve never heard of before.
- A basic knowledge of Spotify, Soundcloud, Deezer, Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram. We will be giving you access to our social channels.
- A self-motivated drive to write.
- Access to the latest music before it is released
- Connections with musicians and other writers
- Tickets to live events (if COVID ever allows us out again)
- You can be located anywhere in the world!
To apply, email us with a short paragraph why you would be a good fit and a 10-track Spotify playlist of what you are listening to right now.